Today was Schools’ Day at BWF.
Fun things about today, in no particular order other than the way they popped into my head:
1. Gabrielle Wang, Sophie Masson and Lyn White in conversation with Sarah Mayor Cox and 300 school kids;
2. Meeting Nicole Hayes FOR REAL! She is my footy chick hero!;
3. Lovely dinner at GPO Bendigo with Nicole and Graham (a work colleague from another life) with an enormously far-reaching conversation about life, the universe and everything;
4. Afternoon snooze when I would have normally been at work;
5. Reading the third Ship Kings book before falling asleep;
6. Electric blankets!;
7. Home-made lunch of salami and char-grilled veggies on supermarket white;
8. Sleep and electric blanket;
9. Blanche D’Alpuget – a VERY interesting person;
10. Electric blanket;
11. Catching up with the gentleman writer, Andrew McGahan;
12. Buying books;
13. Electric blanket.
Sad things about today:
1. Sarah and Justine missing out on a lovely dinner at GPO;
2. Rude secondary students;
3. Missing Jackie French in conversation with Sarah Mayor Cox and 300 students because I was sleeping;
4. Using the wrong Twitter address AND hashtag for the first two conference sessions!
It’s been a big day, and the Ship Kings are calling to my salty soul.
You can catch my tweets from the morning session of today on this Storify.